Tuesday, 26 January 2010

I Google You


I've never been a huge fan of start pages.  I like the idea very much - bringing all those bits together in one place like that appeals to me, but somehow, despite setting up several over the years, I've never actually ended up using them much at all and still go to all the individual sites.   It's odd, considering I'm a huge fan of RSS feeds as a way to cut down on visiting websites, but there you go!

Returning to iGoogle for Thing 2, I was impressed with some of the improvements since last time I looked at my page, in particular the huge variety of themes now available and the way you can maximise or click through each gadget and get more information from the links in the left-hand sidebar.   I notice it's gone all social too now, with the possibility of linking up with friends and sharing things, which I guess is not a surprising development, but it is interesting to see how Google is adding this social aspect to its services in the wake of the success of Facebook etc.   I'm not sure whether any of these improvements will overcome my inexplicable lack of enthusiasm for using iGoogle personally, but I'm going to make an extra effort throughout the 23 Things programme and see how I get on.

2 comments:

JoAnne said...

"I Google You" is a song by Amanda Palmer. Here is a YouTube link to it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObuKyuEfobU&feature=related

And a few other versions out there. Oh, no. Poor Frank.

JoAnne

Jane said...

I'm impressed!

Post a Comment